« Man convicted of killing shop owner wants parole |
| R.I. groups to join today's lending protest on Wall Street »
December 10, 2007
Dancing cop returns to the beat today
Journal file photo
PROVIDENCE -- The dancing cop returns to his holiday beat today.
Since 1987, dancing Tony Lepore has been a popular attraction in Providence during the holiday season for the stylish way he directs traffic.
He starts his tour from noon to 1:20 p.m. today at Weybosset and Dorrance streets.
Lepore will be back in the same spot at the same time tomorrow.
Here's where he'll be after that:
* Dec. 12 and 13 -- Broad and Sackett streets.
* Dec. 14 and 17 -- Thayer Street and Waterman Avenue.
* Dec. 18 and 19 -- Smith Street and Academy Avenue.
* Dec. 20 and 21 -- De Pasquale and Atwells Avenue.
* Dec. 24 -- Dorrance Streets and Westminster streets. For this one, Lepore will don a Santa Claus suit and pass out candy canes.
Posted by Jack Perry at 7:58 AM | Permalink
Post a comment
Please be civil. Vicious comments, personal attacks and profanity won't be published. Name and email are required; email address will not publish.