| September 28, 2005 »
September 27, 2005
Light Update; Fleet of Visitors
Patriots left tackle Matt Light has a broken right leg, sources confirmed last night.
Light, who was rolled on during Sunday's game at Pittsburgh, will be out for an undetermined period.
Safety Rodney Harrison, meanwhile, was placed on injured reserve and linebacker Wesly Mallard was released.
The Patriots are close to signing safety Mike Stone. He played in 14 games for the Cardinals last year. With Harrison out and rookie James Sanders unavailable since training camp, Stone is depth at the spot for the presumptive starter Guss Scott.
Also, there's an internet report that the team has re-signed offensive lineman Gene Mruczkzowski. I haven't confirmed that yet.
Yesterday, the team worked out corners, safeties and running backs (Kevin Faulk was hobbling at the end of Sunday's game). They were:
* Eric Bickerstaff, a 25-year-old back from Wisconsin who hasn't played in the league since 2003 with the Cowboys and was on Oakland's practice squad two weeks ago.
* Troy Edwards, a veteran wide receiver that caught 50 balls with the Jaguars last year. His workout is an indication Troy Brown might be headed back to corner.
* Michael Harden, a rookie corner from Missouri who was on the Niners practce squad until the middle of the month.
* Russell Stuvaints, a third-year safety who played in 15 games with the Steelers last season
* Amos Zereoue, the former Raiders and Steelers running back who ran for 425 yards in Oakland last year.
Posted by at 10:33 PM | Permalink
| Comments 0